E-scooters, scramblers, go-peds, buzz boards, quads and mini-motos do not generally comply with construction and use legislation and vehicle standards so are therefore, restricted to off- road use only.
If used on the road the rider would require the following:
- A driving licence from age 16 (minimum Category AM).
- At least third party insurance for road use.
- Have the vehicle registered with the DVLNI and display a number plate.
- Have a Vehicle Excise Licence when used on the road.
- Have obligatory lamps, reflectors and rear markings fitted.
- Fulfil all requirements in accordance with the Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1999.
- A protective helmet in some cases (although the wearing of a helmet in all situations is recommended for personal safety).